You’ll have the opportunity to answer incoming phone calls, diagnose requests, provide immediate solutions, and assign problems/service requests to the appropriate support personnel. In addition, our IT Intern will provide feedback and system status updates to users, log all requests into the problem tracking system, and monitor and report calls and call metrics from the time they are opened until the time they are closed.
The intern will be exposed to the various areas of IT, such as application development, information security, and infrastructure (server administration, database administration, desktop services, networking, and telecom). This work is usually done with guidance from a Senior Help Desk Analyst on our team.
Additional qualifications include, but are limited to:
- Skills with most Microsoft programs; including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Proficient user of Microsoft Windows machines, Windows 10 and 11.
- Creative user of resources to find solutions for new problems
- Effective communication skills
- Able to coordinate and manage computer assets in a business environment
- Ability to resolve customer issues at Level 1 support with satisfaction and professionalism
- Experience installing and managing software and enforcing security (Antivirus etc.), a plus but not mandatory
Customer Service Skills
- Experience relating to helping customers in a variety of settings
- Ability to gain customer trust through individualized attention and effective troubleshooting
- Hold high value in helping support and train end users regarding hardware and software issues
- Ability to work ethically in a diverse setting
- Make decisions that incorporate the importance of sustainability
To apply for this job please visit aymiami.getmyinterns.org.